Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Count Down: 3 Days to Go!

Today is Tuesday, Day 3 until we leave.  There is SO much to do to get a family of five out of the country for almost a month ... plus two cats, a dog, PUPPY ON THE WAY, plants and house taken care of while we are gone (Thank you Mom, Dad & Dullums)! (Also, want to thank Heather Madrid and Family for watching the kids so I can get some last minute errands taken care of.  You are such sweet friends)!

We have half-filled suitcases all over the house.  Trying to figure out what we absolutely need vs. what we can live without is more challenging than you would think.  We are going to be gone for almost a month.... half way across the world... If we forget it, there is NO GOING BACK. There are the musts: that special BLUE or PINK blanky my kids can't sleep without.  That special night gown my girls will flip out if it is not there... the lovies, special cups, favorite girly skirt, Jack's vrumm vrumm cars he loves and so on and so on... Okay, ... I am going to try REALLY hard to stop stressing about that and concentrate on the fabulous opportunity this is for my children to learn about other places in the world.


So... our 2 almost 3 year old, Jack, has out grown all his clothes all of a sudden. We have been scrambling to buy some new clothes so he wont be wearing 3/4 sleeves and Capri's everyday over there. My sweet 4 year old Lauren insisted that she had some things in her drawers that would fit Jack, but I told her "Daddy probably will not go for Jack wearing her pink stripped shorts, and neither would JACK!"  LOL We ran out of diapers the other day (yes, I have been crazy busy, VBS teaching,... PTA planning, new summer schedule and and lost track of diaper inventory).  We had left over Disney Princess Pull Ups stashed away for emergencies.  Did I tell you he has TWO girly BIG sisters? Jack REFUSED to put on the princess Pull Up declaring "I don't like THAT Cinderella!" and fought me tooth and nail putting it on him.  Finally, we  came to an agreement.  He would wear that pink pull up with Cinderella and all those OTHER princesses,  IF I'd put a Cars underwear with a BIG Mater over the pull up so he would not have to look at it. Bless my sweet Lauren for her good intentions, but I don't think Jack will go for his big sister's hand me downs (NEVER MIND, the PINK car seat he's been OKAY with sitting in for the last year).  Fortunately, sweet Mimi helped us out and we were able to get Jack a wardrobe fitting for our trip.  Thanks Mimi and Papa!

So back to puppy on the way... We are excited to be adding to our family a Teddy Bear puppy when we get back to the states.  Our Goldendoodle, Alfie, has been lonely for a companion to play with so we found a sweet puppy from http://www.fuzzypuppylove.com that we will pick up on our way home from our trip to Jakarta.

Alfie:

New Teddy Bear Puppy:
http:/www.fuzzypuppylove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment